Default Why Tiger Direct is on my **** list

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 16:55:57 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 10/1/15 4:49 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 07:37:18 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

We have a couple of big box chain stores, Best Buy, Gregg, and one
other, but their prices are higher than Amazon's and they don't offer
any real inducement to shop there.

If you are just shopping price, you can't bitch about how much they
pay their employees. You are the problem

Market Driven Quality ... and wages.

I do think brick and mortar for imported goods is either going to be
Walmart style operations or it will be gone, with people buying
online.

I shop at Amazon because it has a huge variety of almost everything, it
has good prices, it ships for free, and it has a stellar return policy.
It has a far larger variety of merch available for the stuff I tend to
buy than Best Buy.

As long as you are shopping price, you are supporting the walmart
business model.

I did buy my wife's new computer from MicroCenter, a brick, mortar, and
mail order store that has two stores in my area. I did order it over the
internet, though. I had no desire to once again buy pieces and parts and
assemble my own. The MicroCenter store brand is higher quality than the
Dell/HP stuff...better drives, better motherboards, English-speaking
techs based in the USA.

If you are buying because you need the tech support, it is more than
just price. You pay extra for that and it is a reason to do it.