[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default The gang that cabn't shoot straight

On Thu, 01 Oct 2015 16:16:55 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Russia is going to try to reach out and regain some of it's previous
power. I doubt we will stop that. I am not even sure we want to.
They have always wanted a have a base on the Med and Syria offers that
opportunity. I suppose the foreign policy question for us is who is
the most dangerous to us? A stronger Russia or a stronger ISIS?
If Russia stabilized Iraq and Syria, I think I vote for Russia.
We have never had a war with the Russians, we have been at war in Iraq
for 25 years.

Russia may well have oil in its sights.

===

Frankly I doubt it since they have a lot of oil of their own. A naval
base on the Med and keeping a long standing ally in power is more than
enough incentive. I wish them well against ISIS.