Radu Tenenbaum

Default Prijon Calabria

I should add one more thing, this one a negative. I just got a spray skirt and it's very difficult to get on and keep on. It keeps slipping off. It would be nice if the lip around the cockpit was more pronounced so that the bungee could get a better grip.

Radu
"Radu Tenenbaum" wrote in message ...
I just got one a week ago. I'm a newbie, but I live on a l5 mile long ake and wanted to take up kayaking. I wanted just a bit more than a stable barge and based on my research bought the Calabria. Got it at a steep discount, $710. If you're near Massachussets I can point you to a used one which I decided to pass on.

I've tipped it a couple of times getting into it off a dock, but I'm getting better at that. Once on the water it handle great, and I'm already getting into controlling it by leaning and with my hips. Looks to be a fun summer.

Here's a link to more reviews that I found during my research: http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/show....html?prod=547

Radu
"techrat" wrote in message ...
I took a calabria for a short test ride. I liked it but would like some comments from others before I buy. I currently have a 9'5" beginner kayak. I like it but the calabria is easier to move will not be taking any sea paddles. Just large rivers and small lakes less than a mile long. There is some whitewater but very easy to get through possibly class two?