mauiEd

Default Prijon Calabria

I have aCalabiria that I have owned for a couple of years now. It should be fine for your requirements. It has good primary and secondary stability. Just follow the rules, keep your torso perpendicular to the water, flex at the waist. I have used the Calabria on some class I/borderline II rapids . Its only bad point is it doesn't like a following , quartering wind/waves. A rudder would help in this situation.
Happy paddling
"techrat" wrote in message ...
I took a calabria for a short test ride. I liked it but would like some comments from others before I buy. I currently have a 9'5" beginner kayak. I like it but the calabria is easier to move will not be taking any sea paddles. Just large rivers and small lakes less than a mile long. There is some whitewater but very easy to get through possibly class two?