John R Weiss

Default Kayak's recomended!

"John Fereira" wrote...

Yeah, the Ellesmere seat was a killer for me as well. So, I yanked it
out and essentially duplicated the seat in minicell foam

Interesting idea. I've seen a couple of articles around on how to build a
fiberglass seat (Ross Liedy's site had a good description). One could

make
a mould from the original seat, modify it slightly so that it doesn't have
that bump, and then lay up a new seat.

One of the articles I read described creating the mold for a seat by

sitting
in a box of sand covered with thin plastic. That way you can create a

seat
that fits your body perfectly.

A Thermarest pad works just fine for me! Relatively inexpensive,
adjustable, and low in the hull! A couple squares of Velcro hold it in...