John Fereira

Default Kayak's recomended!

"news" wrote in
:

Yeah, the Ellesmere seat was a killer for me as well. So, I yanked it
out and essentially duplicated the seat in minicell foam leaving the
hump only way forward. Now, it's very comfortable and I really enjoy
the boat.

Interesting idea. I've seen a couple of articles around on how to build a
fiberglass seat (Ross Liedy's site had a good description). One could make
a mould from the original seat, modify it slightly so that it doesn't have
that bump, and then lay up a new seat.

One of the articles I read described creating the mold for a seat by sitting
in a box of sand covered with thin plastic. That way you can create a seat
that fits your body perfectly.