news

Default Kayak's recomended!

Yeah, the Ellesmere seat was a killer for me as well. So, I yanked it out
and essentially duplicated the seat in minicell foam leaving the hump only
way forward. Now, it's very comfortable and I really enjoy the boat.

"Michael Daly" wrote in message
On 24-Apr-2004, (Gene Cosloy) wrote:

Ellesmere. That was enough for me, unless I was interested in
strong prostate stimulation along with my paddling, I did not like
that seat with the raised prostate bumb in the middle. What were those
Quebec folks thinking?

For me, it's the most comfortable seat I've ever sat in.

Sounds like you're too big for the seat. Either that or you're pushing
your hips forward. Remember that proper paddling posture means that
you spine is relatively straight and your shoulders are above or barely
forward of your hips. No slouching and no leaning against the backrest.

A friend of mine ordered an Ellesmere with a bumpless seat. Boreal

Designs
simply filled the mold at the front and made a seat that has the curves
everywhere but with the bump flattened out.

Mike