John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Speaking of camping.

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 18:51:31 -0700, Califbill billnews wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 15:32:29 -0700, Califbill billnews wrote:

wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 15:32:39 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Living 350 miles from the Florida border and more like 600 from
anywhere I might want to go makes that plane start looking good.

One of the main reasons we decided not to move to Florida was because it would add
all that mileage to any trip we wanted to take.
--

When we go someplace we want something different so that 350 miles
only adds another 35-40 minutes to the plane trip.

I really like it here. I can get in my boat and get out into an
estuary that is pretty unique. We can get away from people and that is
a valuable thing. When we want to see something else, the airport is
about 15 minutes away and the interstate is more like 5.

We camp in the truck camper or hotels or VRBO places. Depends on the
location. We like some back country lakes in the Sierras, so camping is
great for that.

There is so much talk of bedbugs, etc, that we both prefer the RV.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

We just came from a little over 2 weeks in Mission Beach, San Diego.
Rented a nice 3 bedroom condo. Easy walk to the bay and the ocean beaches.
Nice boogie boarding, short drive to Seaforth Landing, took a couple 3/4
day tuna trips. One great trip, one bust of a trip. Only day in 2 months
where near limits of Yellow Fin tuna were not caught. Nice place, good too
cook in, and close to some of the restaurants we like. Camping would not
be as near the beaches, and not as nice facilities. At least in my truck
camper.

This place looks pretty nice!

http://missionbayrvresort.com/

Don't know how the price compares to a condo though. Our rig could only be called a
'two bedroom' at best.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!