Keyser Söze Keyser Söze is offline

Default Magazines...

On 9/28/15 5:30 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 14:51:41 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 9/28/15 2:09 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 08:11:16 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

The 10-rounders, I am told, are simply 20-rounders with a "stop" welded
inside so they cannot be converted to 20-rounders, and that makes the
10-rounders legal for sale in states where larger cap mags are
restricted (such as Maryland).

There are several manufacturers of true 10 round mags.
Those you are talking about are simply "loophole" products that are
pretty easy to convert to 20s.
Typically they just weld an extension on the follower that will break
right off (they did on my M1A mags), or you can get a new follower.

Even so, they're still longer than the five rounders and will stick out
the bottom of the rifle. Unless the zombies attack, I'll stick with the
shorter mags.

Whatever you like, I was just pointing out the 10 round mags are
available. I actually like the 30 rd for my M1A. It works as a rest on
the bench. I have no problem controlling my rate of fire.

I don't, either. I just like to be slow and methodical about shooting
off ammo that costs more than a quarter a round. The small magazines and
the time taken to load them helps.