Justan Olphart[_2_] Justan Olphart[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of camping.

On 9/27/2015 5:32 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/27/15 6:20 PM, True North wrote:
Keyser Söze
"Your misuse of the word "camping" is grin-able."

Seems to me there is a new word commonly used to describe what the Johnny and his ilk do.
Believe it's called glaming or something like it. To call what he does
'camping' is an insult to real campers everywhere.

Well, the modern definition is loose enough to cover RV'ing, but
traditional campers must laugh at the sight of all those air-conditioned
portable plastic and aluminum motel rooms on wheels.

Maybe. . . At least until it rains.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Most of the tent campers I've
seen lately are cyclists. These young adventurers are probably having
the times of their lives. I don't knock what they're doing but I think
I've earned some creature comforts while camping here and there.