John Fereira

Default Kayak's recomended!

Peter Unold wrote in
:

Hey

John Fereira wrote:
At a symposium last year a few people were talking about the Andromeda
and someone said that even Current Designs admits the Andromeda was a
mistake.

I'm curious. Could you give us some details on the problems with the
Andromeda?

I've never paddled one. I'm just reporting what I heard others say about it.

I've noticed that the boat has an exceptional large amount
of rocker. Perhaps that's what Hutchinson considers a romantic boat.

Hard to say. My take on the answer below is that his romance analogy was
more in reference to how a boat looked (i.e. whether it had sexy lines) and
really nothing to do with how much rocker it had.

Paddler - Jan/Feb 2002:

Paddler: What's the best new technological innovation in the sport?

Hutchinson: There haven't really been any in the last ten years. It's
a shame about boat designs, though. A lot of the new boats are
functional - they'll all float - but they look like a bucket of
squashed frogs. It seems the designers have no romance in their soul
at all.