John Addington

Default Winterize my motor - not successful?

Yesterday I tried to winterize my outboard 9.9 motor by doing the following:
(instructions provided by the local marina)

1. Start the engine until it's warm
2. Open the motor cover
3. Disconnect the fuel line (now, the motor should still be running)
4. Spray the fogging oil into the carburetor until the engine stalls.

The guy at the Marina told me that I should see a lot of white smoke when I
spray the fogging oil. However, when I did that yesterday, I just sprayed
very small portion of fogging oil into the carb and the engine stalled very
quickly. but I didn't see any white smoke? so... do I have to do it again??
or am I fine? what about the fuel? seems like fogging oil stalled the
engine but fuel wasn't not completely drained, will there be a problem in
the winter?

Thanks for help.

John.