steveJ

Default Camp tent with stove

From what I understand about tipis, the outer bottom edge should be off
of the ground to allow air circulation through the structure aided by
the heat source in the center. A liner around the inside perimeter is an
integral part of the design and directs air up to the opening in the
center and reflects heat inward. The units pictured in the photos do not
use this feature and would not function correctly in my opinion.

PaddlingPair wrote:
Hi all,

I'm asking again... has anyone out there had experience with the Kifaru
tipis and folding woodstoves? They look like an excellent long trip
shelter and the stove allows heating and cooking.

Do any of you camp with floorless shelters?

Thanks!