Lance

Default Perception America - good boat?

Greetings, I'm looking at buying my first boat. Have never owned a boat but I have paddling experience in open boats and in a
Chinook sea kayak. I want to buy one boat for dual purpose - flat water rivers (an occasional class 2, but primarily flat water
floats), lakes and occasional intercoastal waterway - day tours, or the occasional short overnighter. I'm 6'2"/185 and prefer boats
with larger cockpits, which is why the salesman showed me the America. The size at 13.5 seemed just right, and has a nice cockpit
without being too big. Does anyone have any experience with this boat? How is the hull speed and tracking in open water? How well
does it turn on rivers? How is the initial stability/paddling stability? Does it have sufficient storage for a day tour or short
overnighter (making do with just the basics). Thanks very much.
Lance