John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default **** happens

On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 19:06:59 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 3 Sep 2015 17:13:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 9/3/2015 4:52 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 15:22:24 -0500, Califbill billnews wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 12:29:47 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 11:23:58 -0400,
wrote:

That is somewhat unusual up
there where you have good water but people in the Cape around Wayne's
place have had a lot of serious pin holing problems in copper pipe.

===

We turn off our water when we're away for any length of time but still
had our copper replaced with PVC after having one pinhole develop. The
plumbers around here do a lively business with PVC replacement and
they get to keep the copper as part of the deal. The theory du jour
is that the RO treatment plant changes the PH level of the water just
enough to make it corrosive. I never believed it until it happened to
us.

The other theories centered around the grade of the pipe and possible
electrolysis caused by improper grounding practices.
This has been going on around her for the 35 years I have been here.

They had the same deal in St Pete. One of the reasons I sold my condo
was the number of people who had their floors torn up to replace
leaking pipe. Mine wasn't done yet and I didn't want the issue to bite
me.

Probably not the use, but the heat.

More likely the water. Heat should not be much of an issue in air
conditioned space.

I took the "heat" reference to mean the hot water pipes being more prone
to developing leaks. A/C would have very little affect on
pipes buried in walls, plus the delta T difference is minimal.

I understand that but I am not sure it is only the hot water pipe that
fails.

Go read my last response to Luddite re what the plumber said.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!