Stephen Bird

Default best gear for kayak/sailing trip to europe?

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 04:48:22 GMT, lcopps wrote:

Traveling with a folded Greenland II and a sail rig around europe is
impractical unless you hire porters. ....
I would also echo what a previous poster said: Kayaks do not sail very
efficiently. They are very slow up-wind to broad reach. They can move
pretty well down wind given you have enough wind. snip

I've used a Spirit Sail (http://www.spiritsails.com/home.shtm) with my
kayak, but mostly for an afternoon's diversion and entirely downwind.
I took it down when paddling upwind. The good part is that it is light
weight and compact... which may be useful in the right conditions.
--
cheers, Stephen