Galen Wilkerson

Default best gear for kayak/sailing trip to europe?

Hi,

I'm interested in figuring out what the best gear would be for a
kayaking trip like this:

Fly to france, paddle on canals/rivers (not whitewater) and down to
the mediterranean, then bounce along the coast or out to islands in
the med. etc.

I'm looking into a folbot with sail kit, but of course wonder if the
mast can made to fold and also be brought as luggage, etc. etc. I
wouldn't want to have to paddle across large open bodies of water.
Also, it might be nice to be able to portage, so some kind of wheel
kit could be useful, and I would probably bring a large daypack for
hiking excursions, etc. etc.

Of course, this is just one of many places I would want to go with
this kind of setup.

Just trying to get an idea. So many places to go, so little time.
Interested in feasibility, cost, etc.