Keyser Söze Keyser Söze is offline

Default John I see you're back...

On 8/24/15 9:46 AM, John H. wrote:

So, Thursday we drove up. Hit some horrendous rain just north of Thurmont, MD, but
that slacked off a bit. Hooked up the rig, getting soaked, and moved it to the site
we'd reserved for the weekend. Got all dried off, clothes changed, having a coffee,
when Sandy's smart phone made a 'BRRAATTTT' sound and gave us a flash flood warning.
We went to the office, and they told us to hook up and be ready to leave with about
ten minutes warning. The creek behind us had risen over 30" in the previous hour and
was about 6" from the top of its banks.

A few minutes later the office folks told everyone to pack up and get out. We did,
going to another campground in Gettysburg.

- - -
Damn. Nature missed an opportunity.