Rick

Default Much ado about nothing

....stuff deleted

What money? Contrary to Timmah's erroneous assumptions, I don't get paid
to teach paddling skills and I don't sell boats or gear. Our club
provides a lot of free training and safety information to it's members
and to the public. It's our way of promoting safe, responsible paddling
in the area.

Shucks, and I thought I was missing something. By the way, BASK and other
clubs out here in the west offer the same services, so for those of you
wishing to develop or improve skills, clubs offer some valuable (and low
cost) options.

We work with the CG, local harbormasters and local
businesses and they're pleased with what we do. The CG in the northeast
region has praised paddlers in the area for their safety consciousness
and high rate of PFD use. The reason for this is strong clubs and
guiding organizations that work to educate the paddling public. The
death rate among sea kayaker here is very low, despite cold water, high
boat traffic and often inhospitable shorelines.

The death rate among sea kayakers is typically very low. Each year, sea
kayaker reports a handful along with a number of near misses. In most of
these, the problem was not a lack of sponsons, but a lack of preparation for
immersion (cited in virtually all of these events).

As for Timmah, don't even try to reason with him. It's a complete waste
of time, as safety is NOT his motivation. He's a money-grubbing whackjob
that will stoop to any level to make a buck. He has no interest in
safety, just in lining his pockets. When shown the errors of his ways,
he simply reverts to repeating the same old lies, ad nauseum.

I've stopped trying to reason and have resorted to making fun of him. He is
such an easy target. Besides, I enjoy his (sarcasm alert) brilliant email

Rick