Gordon Niessen

Default Basis in Fact?

I find very general statements with no direct basis for the facts
stated: "Open canoes are by far the most deadly craft". The Writing is
not very good, so some of that could just be lost in translation. But
many of the statements are circular, referring to the authors own
writing as a source for the statement. If most people who died in
canoeing accidents did truely die of hypothermia, then these "sponsons"
(and I use the term loosely) are not going to help much. I can't see
those two girls paddling that canoe empty at 2 knots. I can only
imagine how long it would take to paddle to shore with those air
pillows strapped to the side and full of water.
If you really want to save lives, try getting kids to wear helmets on
their electric scooters.
But I am sure I am wasting my breath. Peace all.