Bill Tuthill

Default Good Kayaking Camera

Eric Johnson wrote:

Glad to hear that you know people using the 33wr because I was seriously
looking at it, but was afraid of wrecking it. Couldn't see dropping the
money for a good camera and the waterproof housing when my ElphSport takes
very nice pictures. The 33wr does lower the entry cost a good amount.

I do *not* know anybody using the 33WR, which only began appearing in stores
a short time ago. Sorry if I was unclear. My point was just that Pentax
has been king of waterproof cameras since Nikon abandoned the ActionTouch.
Several people I know have ruined Canon Stylus/Mju cameras, also touted as
"weather-resistant", by dropping them in the water. They are definitely not
as waterproof as Pentax P&S models. So given the additional class 7 rating,
you can probably rest assured that the 33WR will work for kayaking.