Gary S.

Default Camping Equipment Recommendations?

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:39:15 -0800, wpatrick
wrote:

On 1/27/04 15:05, in article ,
"wpatrick" wrote:

My wife and I are going to start camping from our kayaks. We have not bought
camping gear in years and are looking for recommendations on makes, models,
vendors... Keep in mind that I am 6'4" tall with size 14 shoes... I need a
bit more room than most folks.

Thanks to all for your great recommendations. I think we are leaning toward
a high quality 3 season / 4 person tent with foot print, 20 degree mummy
bags, a couple of different size tarps made from materials purchased from
Seattle Fabric, Svea 123 stove, candle lanterns, etc.

This gives us what we believe will be a good camping package that will pack
easily into our two boats (Prijon Kodiak and Seayak) with plenty of room for
water, fuel, and food.

For the tents you are considering, note that some have longer pole
sections, and might not fit well through deck hatches. Weight and
performance matter, but for kayaking, size and shape in relation to
how you load gear can matter. Bicycle tourists who camp have similar
concerns, although not as extreme.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA