wpatrick

Default Camping Equipment Recommendations?

On 1/27/04 15:05, in article ,
"wpatrick" wrote:

My wife and I are going to start camping from our kayaks. We have not bought
camping gear in years and are looking for recommendations on makes, models,
vendors... Keep in mind that I am 6'4" tall with size 14 shoes... I need a
bit more room than most folks.

We are especially interested in sleeping bags... Make/model... Temp range

Tents ... 4 person .... 3 season

Stoves

Lanterns

Sleeping mats, cots, inflatable mattresses

Anything else you can think of!

Thanks to all for your great recommendations. I think we are leaning toward
a high quality 3 season / 4 person tent with foot print, 20 degree mummy
bags, a couple of different size tarps made from materials purchased from
Seattle Fabric, Svea 123 stove, candle lanterns, etc.

This gives us what we believe will be a good camping package that will pack
easily into our two boats (Prijon Kodiak and Seayak) with plenty of room for
water, fuel, and food.