Alex McGruer

Default Good Kayaking Camera

(Eric Nyre) wrote in message om...
Hi George,

The two cameras I would suggest are

Canon S400: 4MP Digital Camera $379.94 (2/01/04)
combined with the WP-DC800 waterproof case $196.88 (2/01/04)

The S400 is fairly small, but takes wonderful photos. I have seen
11x17 prints made from the camera, and they were nice. If you put it
in the case, it is waterproof to 100 feet or more. You can use all the
functions while the camera is in the case. The only reason to take it
out is to change batteries or plug it into your computer.

Minolta Dimage XT: 3.2MP Digital Camera $259.94 (2/01/04)
combined with the MC-DG200 waterproof case $199.99 (2/02/04)

The Dimage is tiny. The lens/ optical zoom fits inside the camera
body, so there are no protruding parts. It is a little larger than a
credit card, but about as unobtrusive. The case makes it a little
larger, but it is still something you can clip to your PFD and not
really notice it. It is smaller than the Canon S400 listed above, but
it is 3.2 not 4MP.

If you want some more information, I put them on the Canoe Colorado
website. The link is
http://www.canoecolorado.com/electronics/#Cameras

- Eric

Canon WP1
about $200.00 35 MM water proof.
My web site is http://pages.ivillage.com/mcgruer . All the photos on
that site are taken with that camera of a Minolta X 700
The Minolta is not water tight but a fine product.
Neither of these are digital but the Canon WP1 took that photo of a
whale under water while I did a roll.
Sony has a cool little digital water proof camera. I don't have one
but a couple of my friends got them for Christmas and are pleased.
If money matters the WP1 is the greatest. Mine cost $120.00 cdn A
COUPLE OF YEARS BACK.