heavyseve

Default Camping Equipment Recommendations?

I've been looking for tents and bags recently. I'm 6'1" but stockier than
tall. For 2 people tent, I ended up with a TNF Roadrunner 3. MSR's
Hammerhead 3 and REI's Taj 3 were also in the running. I didn't look at 4
person tents. I was able to catch a good sale at Campmor.

For my bag, I bought an REI Syn Cat 20 degree. The TNF Mammoth bag was still
too constraining to me. I also like the Big Agnes, which includes a 20in
mattress. But since I already had a 25 inch wide mattress, I went with the
Syn Cat.

"wpatrick" wrote in message
My wife and I are going to start camping from our kayaks. We have not

bought
camping gear in years and are looking for recommendations on makes,

models,
vendors... Keep in mind that I am 6'4" tall with size 14 shoes... I need a
bit more room than most folks.

We are especially interested in sleeping bags... Make/model... Temp range

Tents ... 4 person .... 3 season

Stoves

Lanterns

Sleeping mats, cots, inflatable mattresses

Anything else you can think of!