wpatrick

Default Light and fast kayak. Which one?

I would recommend that you take a close look at the Tideline boats. Patrick
will work with you and you will get a great boat... Not pretty, but well
built.

TIDELINE 19
18' 9" x 20.75"*** C/P 30.75 x 16.50
Fiberglass: 1750.00 Kevlar: 2000.00
Add 250 for Carbon Fiber retractable skeg or Carbon Foiled rudder system.

http://www.eteamz.com/paddleshop/new...cfm?cat=204584

Make sure you watch the "Hammer" video at the top of this page:
http://www.eteamz.com/paddleshop/albums/

I have no affiliation at all...

On 1/16/04 16:49, in article
, "Serge"
wrote:

I already have a double (Echo by WS) and satisfied with it in
general.
Now I am looking for single boat for day trips in Monterey Bay.

I was looking at racing kayaks but they are too light and narrow for
ocean.
Surf ski is nice, but I don't like to get wet all the time.

Another thing is that I require a higher deck that kayaks of my size
usually have. I have narrow hips but feel uncomfortable stretching
legs and need to
keep knees relatively high. Not like on surf ski, but still high.

I would appreciate any suggestion.
My tandem is 24" and I can probably handle 20" kayak about 18-19'
long.
Almost anything I see comes with very low deck.