Vineet Buch

Default Light and fast kayak. Which one?

(b wrench) wrote in message ...
No website that I know of. If you call him (Doug Bushnell,
716-434-5755) he will send you a brochure with prices. I got a
Thunderbolt a yr. ago and absolutely love it, only 26 lbs. Many races
have been won with his boats.
Bill

The Thunderbolt is nice, but you cannot tour with it. No hatches, no
bulkheads! Also very tippy, although an experienced racer can handle
open ocean in it, no problem.

I would suggest a Necky Looksha II. A real sea kayak, so you can
tour, fairly light (~ 40 lbs) and just about the fastest sea kayak in
production. Don't believe what you read about hull speed, btw - the
theoretical hull speed for the Looksha II is 6 knots, but I can
sustain 6.5 knots in flat water and have friends who can keep the boat
at 7 knots, also in flat water. Our experience indicates that formula
for hull speed used for wide boats doesn't apply to narrow racing
kayaks.
VB