Serge

Default Light and fast kayak. Which one?

QCC are nice kayaks. In fact my friend who I am going to paddle with
has QCC400. It is a little too wide for my taste.
I checked out QCC 700 - it is also too big. Q600 could have been it?

My concern is hatches though. I do not need much at all. If I am going
to tour, I would use my Echo double. I certainly do not like
expedition - style
fiberglass hatches w/neoprene gaskets and webbing. One "day" hatch
with
rubber lid is all I need.

QCC come with high deck which is nice.

What I need is minimalist kayak (20"x18'or so) like for flat water
racing but usable in ocean, with one hatch, minimum webbing and deck
high enough.
All the extras that I am not going to use will just increase weight.

Thanks everybody. I always get good advice from you guys, especially
from Brian and John. I will keep looking.

Anybody wants to paddle in Monterey Bay let me know. We have wales
here,
not to mention other wild life.
If wale does not like you and you can't go 6 knots at least...Hmm...