MikeSoja

Default Light and fast kayak. Which one?

On 16 Jan 2004 16:49:36 -0800, (Serge)
posted:

I already have a double (Echo by WS) and satisfied with it in
general.
Now I am looking for single boat for day trips in Monterey Bay.

I was looking at racing kayaks but they are too light and narrow for
ocean.
Surf ski is nice, but I don't like to get wet all the time.

Another thing is that I require a higher deck that kayaks of my size
usually have. I have narrow hips but feel uncomfortable stretching
legs and need to
keep knees relatively high. Not like on surf ski, but still high.

I would appreciate any suggestion.
My tandem is 24" and I can probably handle 20" kayak about 18-19'
long.
Almost anything I see comes with very low deck.

Does anyone have any experience with the Kajak Sport Millennium? I
haven't paddled one, and the only one I've seen was the used one for
sale (recently) at the Monterey Bay Kayaks' store, but I was surprised
how high and rounded the foredeck looked. It's supposed to be a fast
boat, too, but I won't have a chance to try one until Spring. To tell
the truth I haven't run across much real world feed back on any of the
Kajack Sport line. Anyone got the lowdown?

Mike