akasharkbow

Default Winter Paddling Question

Hello there. I have been paddling for several winters now in below 0C
temperature. I have a dry suit and all the goods. I have a question about
what people do in regards to their skirts freezing to their coaming.

What do you do to stop it? What is your back-up plan if you run into
trouble with it? I have been trying to work through an emerge plan. I have
a fairly solid roll but you never know when you are dealing with such cold
winter so I am trying to figure out a plan for a failed roll. I have a
knife and working out a plan to cut myself out of the skirt if necessary.

Any ideas?

Paddling in Toronto,

David