Gary S.

Default Canoeing across Canada for beginners, by beginners

On 1 Jan 2004 21:37:16 -0800, (Alex McGruer)
wrote:

If I were trying to paddle across Canada ( by kayak)the south coast of
Newfoundland would be a must. Dictated by the most easterly point of
North America ( Cape Spear ) and the pure size of this island. To
drive from my home to Port Aux Basque is a 10 hour trip by car. You
don't just write that much off the end of a country and say you did
it.
There to Cape Breton, Perhaps ( for the hospitality ) New Brunswick ,
Quebec . etc.
The territories would have to be done as needed, It would be cross
Canada , not tour it. Imagine a trip hitting all the states from the
Atlantic to the Pacific.

In discussing the Highpointers Club (they try to get to the highest
point in each of the 50 US states) with a friend, I remarked that the
equivalent for Canada would be technically far more difficult, despite
having only 13 points.

A rather different country in many ways.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA