John Fereira

Default Have it shipped or go get it?

(Nace) wrote in
om:

"When buying a new boat, I think you should have the honor of putting
the first ding in it."
I'm going to be putting in off docks and paddling in deep water for
some time, so I hope that first ding will be a while.

I few years ago I spent a winter building a CLC Northbay. As Spring was
approaching I was almost finished and spent the last week or so varnishing
and sanding, and varnishing and sanding, making the boat about as pretty as
I could. Finally, launch day arrived. I put it in next to a low dock,
climbed in and paddled around for 15 minutes ago. Then I came back to the
dock, to wait for some friends that were going out with me for a longer
paddle. As I climbed out the stern slide under the dock, making contact
with a steel pipe and put a scratch on the deck 5" long and about 1/4"
wide. Now, I was truely finished building the boat.