Peter

Default Winter vs Summer

wrote:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:12:10 GMT, Gary S. Idontwantspam@net wrote:

Bulk of a winter sleeping bag is a concern, especially a synthetic
material. Down would be better, but if it gets damp at all, it loses
significant insulation value for the rest of that trip.

I'd never take down personally when there a possibility of it getting
wet. In a boat the probability because almost a certainty.

I've usually used a down bag on my kayak camping trips over the last 20
years and it has never gotten wet. But I do consider the options available
if the bag were to get soaked. Most of my trips are not so far from
civilization that this would be more than an inconvenience. On more remote
winter trips I use a synthetic bag.