Lloyd Bowles

Default Winter vs Summer

wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:12:10 GMT, Gary S. Idontwantspam@net wrote:

Bulk of a winter sleeping bag is a concern, especially a synthetic
material. Down would be better, but if it gets damp at all, it loses
significant insulation value for the rest of that trip.

I'd never take down personally when there a possibility of it getting
wet. In a boat the probability because almost a certainty.

I use a down bag in a Sierra Designs drybag & have never had a damp bag on a
canoe trip. I also had success years ago with double garbage bags, though I
wouldn't recommend it for winter paddling. Wet down is deadly in cold
weather.

Lloyd Bowles
www.madcanoeist.4ever.cc