Gary S.

Default Winter vs Summer

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:20:56 GMT, "Rick" wrote:

"Drew Cutter" wrote in message
Are their places that have winter sea kayaking classes ? clubs ?

If you are willing to travel, yes. In your area, I cannot comment. I am
willing to bet that Florida and other southern states, like California and
Washington, have year round classes and clubs. Up in the frozen north where
you live, I'm not so certain.

In New England, I am not aware of anything kayak related during the
winter months, excepting indoor pool rolling sessions.

My friend who teaches sea kayaking has no classes, and the outfit he
teaches for shuts down until March.

A winter camping class would help you, even if land-based.

People here tend to change activities as the seasons change, except
for the ones who hibernate all winter indoors.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA