Galen Hekhuis

Default canoeing

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:25:59 GMT, "Rick" wrote:

...stuff deleted

Where do you get the reliabile wheather forecasts?

Lou T

From the oxymoron treasure chest. Same place the government gets reliable
intelligence.

In truth, I've had trouble with even the NOAA weather service which can be
wildly inaccurate even with their 3-hour updates. They do seem to be more
accurate with water temperature than anything else. Big whoop.

I've often said that if you exchanged the nation's economists with the
nation's weatherguessers, no one would know the difference.

Get yourself a barometer and you can make your own guesses. Pay attention
to the general high, low, and front trends, and talk as much as you can to
locals in the area.

Predicting the weather even 12 or 24 hrs in advance is pretty much
guesswork no matter who does it. Sure, we've come a long way and some
pretty sophisticated methods are used now, but with a little work you can
have a better percentage than the "pros." The bar isn't very high.

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups