Bill Tuthill

Default Fallin' on the Toog

In rec.boats.paddle.whitewater Pepe wrote:

You're welcome John. I'm really looking forward to Sec III at decent levels.
I'm hoping to get a chance to do it before it gets too cold this fall.

Enjoyed the trip report and pictures. Are the rapids harder than they look
in the photos? Even Bull Sluice doesn't look too difficult, though I know
there are many underwater entrapment points.

What does "falling" mean in this context? Does it refer to canoeing as a
gravity-assisted sport, or is it some new-school term I don't know?