andrei

Default how to shlep two kayaks?

Hi,

I have a small recreational sit-on-top kayak (Wilderness Systems
Tarpon 100). Its 10 feet long for about 50 lbs. I want to buy a
second one for my wife. We have a Ford Windstar van which can easily
carry one on the roof-rack, but two is just a little on the heavy
side.

In the shop they are suggesting a special kayak rack for abour 350$.
That's over our budget right now. Trailers seem to *start* at 550$.
Since I already will have to put about 500 bucks down for the kayak
(that's with taxes), that would make the cost of the 2nd kayak at
about 850$ to over a thousand....

Is there any cheaper solution to take two small kayaks on our van?

Thanks for any advice!

Andrei

PS: anybody SELLING an old kayak trailer by any chance?

PPS; inside the van is not an option either: we have three kids.