Carl Buehler

Default Boat Entry / Exit

Hello Dave and others,

Thanks to everyone's information. I was considering using a rope
by pulling it under the kayak and running it through a looped end
basiclly making a sling or choke. This could be placed about mid-ship
(cockpit area) and choked about the center line of the boat. Than tie
off to the platform. It might not be pretty, but I think it would
keep the kayak from capsizing. than you could center your weight enough
to use your arm stregth to pull yourself up onto the platform?

Not sure, but still thinking up ideas and listning to suggestions.

Carl

ojunk (Dave) wrote in message ...
A few of the chickees have ladders, which helps a little with the exit/entry.
To echo Scott, there is no graceful way to do this. Timing arrival/departure at
high tide will help. Some of the chickees that are backed into mangroves are in
shallow enough water that you stand beside your boat and toss your gear up onto
the platform. Otherwise it's hang upside down and reach (hatches help). Ditto
on the comment about cameras- it's not pretty.

Good luck on your trip!