Rick

Default gators vs crocs

....stuff deleted

Hi Scott,

Just a short note on gators. They are *not* crocs and I never heard
of a non-provoked attack on a kayak in Florida even though there are
tens of thousands of kayaks and gators all over the state.

....more gone

Watching the "Croc. Hunter" on TV with my son, I gathered he feels that
gators are, for want of a better word, tame. Despite their size and obvious
ability to hunt man, they seldom do so (though there was a golfer who
learned that there are limits to their patience - pictures available on the
internet, should you feel so inclined).

Anyway - I just wanted to tell you that in 99% of circumstances
Florida gators are not Australian crocs. The last 1% is what makes me
a little nervous I suppose ;-)

The Aussie crocs (particularly the salt water beasties) are a serious
threat, however. One should probably treat them with the same resect one
would with a polar bear (if you see one, you're too close).

Rick