Roger Martin

Default how to get back on an ocean kayak?

"andrei" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have a *real* newbie question he I have an ocean kayak, a
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 (a sit-on-top), which I use in the
Florida marshes. It is very stable, but should I tip and fall off -
is there a best way to get back on?

I realize, that you might suggest "just try it out" but this would not
be a good idea in the *very* gator-infested waters I paddle on. So
rather than trying it out and spending too much time on trial and
error while in the water (not to mention splashing) I rather pick your
brain for your experience: when I do eventually fall in the water I
would like to get back on top of the kayak real real fast :-)

So - what's the fastest way back up?

Thanks!

With 'gators in the water I'd be able to walk on water!

Up over the back is the usual solo re entry process, push down on the stern,
and pull yourself up onto the rear deck, legs dangling in the water, slide
forward until you are back in your seat, legs in, retrieve paddle, check for
missing body parts!