John

Default Chickee Platform ver 2.0

Try to arrive at high tide ?
Avoid leaving the boat under the chickee if tide is rising?

Carl Buehler wrote in message
om...
Hi Scotty!

Thanks for you suggestion! But these Chickee's are located in
The Everglades National Park. They are a fixed platform like a
dock, not floating. And tidel change can be as much as + or - 4 ft.
Here is what they look like, you can view them on this page.
Just check out the different campsites to view the chickee's:
http://www.evergladesdiary.com/index.html

I will figure out something, Others have camped on them out
of kayaks. I just haven't meet anyone who has that I could talk to!

Carl
Clearwater, FL

(Backyard Renegade) wrote in message

. com...
Assuming the platform is a floating platform, the height of the
platform above the water level should be somewhat constant. What if on
one side of the platform you drop two or three "L" shaped boards,
tubing, etc., padded, with the lower leg of the L about 3-4 inches
submerged, sticking out about 18-24", parrallel to the water surface.
Then you paddle broadside to the dock, pull your boat up on the legs
and slide yourself sideways up to the chickee, tie off, and unload.
You could shape the L's with a little dip in the middle so the boat
would "cradle" in it a little for stability.
Scotty, from SmallBoats.com