Fiona

Default P & H Kayaks

akasharkbow wrote in message ws.com...
Talk to me about P&H kayaks. What do you think of them? I am interested in
the Capella plastic model. I have good experience with kayaks and
interested in what people thought of both that particular model as well as
the boats in general. Construction, design, etc.

Cheers,

David H. Johnston

i own a glass fibre Capella.
super boat.
it is not that slow either.
she tracks well for me but all my friends that have tried it find it
needs constant correction strokes and some find it a little tippy.
Initial stability is not as solid as they may preffer. my boy friend
does not like it at all. he paddles a north american boat that i do
not like.
i weigh 135 - 140 lbs . my boy friend is almost 200 and he has
trouble keeping the boat upright.
the capella is the best boat i have ever paddled and i have paddled
many of the local offerings and all the smaller british boats.
Capella is better than all the others for quality, service and matches
any of them on performance.
the boat turns, handles waves, edges, braces better than any boat i
have ever been in.
that is why i bought it.
i rarely use the skeg but most preffer to use it a lot untill they get
used to the capella.