Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_3_] Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_3_] is offline

Default Got a Navman 3100 Wind or Depth display not working???

On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 06:38:50 +0700, wrote:

If you are successful let us know the details of how it was repaired.

I had a similar problem with a Garman GPS and the economical solution
was "buy a new one" :-)

I'm going to try first with the special tape.
The only snafu I can see is possibly damaging
the ribbon connector when peeling it off and
cleaning the old stickum off it. But, if I peel
it off sideways as opposed to lengthwise there
will be less likelihood of damaging (cracking)
the thin carbon conductors. I'll have to be
careful cleaning off the old adhesive, though,
as acetone may not be the right thing to use
because of the plastic substrate.

I also ordered the Zebra connectors but the guy
is on vacation until early July so I'll have to
wait until he gets back from vacation. But,
when I get everything, I'll tackle the job and
I'll have a fall back plan with the Zebra
connectors in case the special adhesive tape
repair to the ribbon doesn't work because of
damage to the ribbon. On the other hand, perhaps
an electronics store might even sell new ribbon
of the correct width???

--
Sir Gregory