Alex McGruer

Default Please help me decide

"TallGuyCA" wrote in message m...
Hi,

I finally found two kayaks that I can fit in! I actually sat in both and
could get in and out easily. The British made P& H Capella
http://www.phseakayaks.com/our-kayaks-capella and Current Designs Soltice GT
XL http://www.cdkayak.com/kayaks/comps/solsticegtxl.asp .

I'll be trying them next Sunday but want your input before I make a purchase
decision. I am looking for a relatively fast boat that is sea worthy for a
230 LBS, 6'5" with a shoe size of 13 can fit in it.

I wanted an epic but I did not fit in the 16 or the 18 footers!

Thank you in advance.

As one of the posters has mentioned at 6 foot 5 inches and 230 LBS you
are to big for the Capella.
Capella is not a real fast boat and you will plunk it deap in the
water.
You will create an impressive wake.
You are at the functioning weight limit for the Capella: Add water,
all the safety equipment and it will be slow, tippy, and not give you
the performance you deserve for your money.

I paddle a Capella... Love it. but when I go out for a trip or have to
keep up with some of the more exceptional paddlers around here I use
my NDK Explorer.

It may be an idea to call P & H and ask the good people there if that
boat will suit you.
It will serve well in rock gardens and playing around if you are a
good paddler to start with.
For day paddles with no equipment a Capella may work for you. For
spinning around rocks and doing fancy braces it is grand. BUT honestly
you are too big for that boat.
One lady gave you an honest and gentle reply. I don't have it in me to
be that diplomatic. It is a great boat though.