[email protected] bruceinbangkok@nowhere.org is offline

Default Shake and Break Part 10

On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 07:31:22 -0600, Paul Cassel
wrote:

On 6/4/2015 6:39 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 05:57:14 -0600, Paul Cassel
wrote:

We are now up to 5 round trip transits of the ICW in our GB49 so I can
relate to that. What you need is a dinghy which is capable of getting
up on plane and covering some ground in an hour or two. We've done a
lot of poking around in the back creeks and small towns that way and
it is a lot of fun. Riggging out the dinghy with a small depth
sounder/fish finder is also a useful addition.

The thing is we're boatless now so it's not a matter of adding a dink to
the big boat but of acquiring something. Also I"m married to someone who
gets sea sick but lived and sailed for 7 years but in a tri so she'd not
be comfortable in a mono and I am very skeptical of the multis (beam
issues). I think our big boat open ocean voyaging days are over.

My wife is like that - she once got sea sick while anchored in the
Singapore Straits :-) We found that some medicine called Stugeron,
(derivative of piperazine) which I don't think is marketed under that
name in the U.S. If she started taking that the night before we sailed
she was all right for the trip.

We'll see how things shake out in the next few years, but as I posted,
this is likely more a musing not to be realized than a project to be done.

-paul

---

Cheers,

Bruce