Carl Buehler

Default Kayaking Advice

I had a choice going to my local outfitter. They had an older model
(the Corona)
there, and the price was around $899.00, but comes with an optional
rudder.
The Corona also was two years old and had not sold. I decided to go
with the newer Eclipse 14.5 because I am 196 lbs. And it had quite a
bit of storage.
I also wanted the newer model concerned about warrenty issues! I did
not ask but I was sure there was no warrenty on the older Corona being
a 2001 model.
Also the newer Eclipse 14.5 comes with the rudder as standard
equipment.

Another reason I decided on the 14.5 over the 17.0 was that space is
at a premium were I live. Not an experinced paddeler I just liked the
idea of a smaller kayak with the same features of the Eclipse 17.0.

While were on the subject of the Eclipse 14.5, I did notice there is
sufficiant
padding for the seat, but my thoughts were is there enough padding for
along touring trip? Do any of you use any type of extra padding for
your kayak seats?
Do retailes stock any additional thin seat padding?

Carl Buehler

"Geoff Jennings" wrote in message et...
The Eclipse 14.5 is the boat that used to be called the Corona.
The Sole has been replaced (in name only) by the Shadow 14.*

I find the new names sort of dorky. I'm sure that it helps in making a
logical connection between models and lengths (Eclipses are for bigger
paddlers, in two lengths, while shadows are for smaller paddles, in two
lengths) I simply think the older names sound better, and look better on the
bow of a boat.

I was paddling a Wavesport T3 (whitewater boat that comes in 4 sizes, T1-T4)
and had someone ask me, "Is that the replacement for the T2?" Clearing
thinking it was akin to a movie sequel, and not a different size of the same
boat.

Geoff