Geoff Jennings

Default Kayaking Advice

The Eclipse 14.5 is the boat that used to be called the Corona.
The Sole has been replaced (in name only) by the Shadow 14.*

I find the new names sort of dorky. I'm sure that it helps in making a
logical connection between models and lengths (Eclipses are for bigger
paddlers, in two lengths, while shadows are for smaller paddles, in two
lengths) I simply think the older names sound better, and look better on the
bow of a boat.

I was paddling a Wavesport T3 (whitewater boat that comes in 4 sizes, T1-T4)
and had someone ask me, "Is that the replacement for the T2?" Clearing
thinking it was akin to a movie sequel, and not a different size of the same
boat.

Geoff

"LLutton" wrote in message
I just bought a
Perception Eclipse 14.5 and had to order it. Should be here around the
10th of this month.

I thought the Eclipse was only a 17' kayak. I've paddled it several times.

It's
a fine kayak. Do they also make a 14.5' Eclipse?
Lynn