Seakayaker

Default Kayak/Camping trip on the Channel Islands

Anacapa would be the closest island to Santa Cruz and if you cross between
them early, you should be able to beat the afternoon winds. There are lots
of caves to explore by kayak at Anacapa as well as Santa Cruz.

You could also arrange to have Island Packers pick you up from Anacapa so
you don't have to paddle back to Santa Cruz. If you want to camp at Anacapa,
you'll have to use the winch at Landing Cove to hoist your boats up. That
can be a real challenge.

Good luck,

Steve Holtzman
Southern CA

"Greg Meyers" wrote in message
om...
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your responses. We have no intention of making the crossing
from the mainland. We will be taking a boat with our gear and kayaks
to the island. I'm thinking we'll explore Santa Cruz and maybe one
other island. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg