seldom_seen

Default gps

*Heartily* recommend the GPSMAP 76s- lots of features and tough as
nails. Don't know anything about the Meridian.

Pete

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:54:44 GMT, "Jack Seppelt"
wrote:

I have been paddling a seakayak for about a year and have decided to
purchase a GPS (also to be used for biking and hiking). Most of my current
paddling has been on the upper Mississippi River although I plan to expand
this in the next few years. I am current using the Upper Mississippi River
Navigation Charts produced by the Corps of Engineers for trip planning and
navigation.

I would appreciate any advise, experiences, or links that you might have to
offer. I have narrowed my choices to the Garmin Map76s and the Magellan
Meridian Platinum although I would welcome comment on any other models that
you might have some experience with. I would also be interested in opinions
of the Garmin maps vs. the Magellan maps and which might be most appropriate
for these kinds of activities.

Thank you very much.

Jack